Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

enjoying the weekend!

Jason and I are having a fun weekend of chillaxing, painting and hanging out and plan to try pizza on the grill tomorrow.

As for our garden, it's doing fantabulous!

I noticed that our bean plants white flowers have been changing to orange and that we have our first couple of beans! so cool!!
(look below).


white and orange bean flowersOur squash plant has grown SO much this last week, it's also producing flowers now :)
little squash flowers
This summer I went out and bought a new blender, since our old one started to smoke and died completely a couple months ago.
I've been trying different smoothie combinations and here is a surprisingly unique and refreshing one I tried today.
Watermelon smoothie:
(ingredients in order of quantity used-sorry no precise measurements here)
-watermelon pieces frozen(I left the seeds in cause I'm lazy :) probably about 3-4 cups
-ice
-rasberry/apple concentrate 1/4 can depending on desired sweetness
-lime juice or lime aid concentrate-try a 1/5 of a can to 1/4 a can if desired

put all the ingredients in a blender with some water and blend together-vary according to taste preferences.
ENJOY!

No comments: